U of t campus map
University of Toronto campus map. U of t campus map (Canada) to print. U of t campus map (Canada) to download. The architecture of u of t campus is defined by a combination of Romanesque and Gothic Revival buildings spread across the eastern and central portions of u of t campus, most of them dated between 1858 and 1929. The traditional heart of the u of t campus, known as Front Campus, is located near the centre of the u of t campus in an oval lawn enclosed by King College Circle as its shown in u of t campus map.
The oldest surviving building on u of t campus is the former Toronto Magnetic and Meteorological Observatory building, built in 1855. North of u of t campus, the main building of Trinity College displays Jacobethan Tudor architecture as its mentioned in u of t campus map, while its chapel was built in the Perpendicular Gothic style of Giles Gilbert Scott. The chapel features exterior walls of sandstone and interiors of Indiana Limestone, and was constructed by Italian stonemasons using ancient building methods.
Developed after the Second World War, the western section of the u of t campus consists mainly of modernist and internationalist structures that contain laboratories and faculty offices as you can see in u of t campus map. The most significant example of Brutalist architecture in u of t campus is the massive Robarts Library complex, built in 1972 and opened a year later in 1973.
Each college at the University of Toronto operates its own set of residence halls and dining halls clustered in a different area of the u of t campus. As u of t campus residences accommodate just 6,400 students in all as its shown in u of t campus map, the university guarantees housing only for undergraduates in their first year of study, while most upper-year and graduate students reside off-campus.